We are so grateful to close out 2016 with your enormous support as our team prepares to start 2017 with renewed dedication and excitement at the prospect of expanding our efforts. We can’t thank you enough for believing in our cause, standing by our side, and helping make our girls’ dreams come true.
Below are some highlights from our 2016 accomplishments:
- Successfully delivered year one of our curriculum to 50 girls in the Code to Inspire classroom in Herat, Afghanistan
- Forged partnerships with Google, PwC, and Deloitte to deliver real value to our students
- Established relationships and partnerships with key government officials in a number of countries, including hosting the Afghan Ambassador to America at our year end gala
- Featured on Google’s homepage
- Partnered and collaborated with other non-profit ventures to bring a broader set of solutions to the cause of women’s education in Afghanistan
- 2016 Google Rise Award recipient
- 2016 Athena Award recipient – UC Berkeley
- 2016 Young Women’s Honors Award recipient
- Made with Code Global Citizen Festival
- Featured in the New York Times, Marie Claire, Fast Company, PBS, Take Part, and the Guardian among others
You can read more stories from some of our inspiring students including Hasina Haidari and Morsal Fakoori as they describe their Code to Inspire coding journey. Thanks to your support, Hasina, Morsal and many other Afghan girls have hope and opportunity to realize their dreams for a bright future which includes a career development path, economic empowerment and an active, inclusive role as a Global digital citizen.